Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Lot of Fun (and a little narcissism) in a Field

I was sitting around the house feeling a little bored tonight, so I decided I needed to head out and do a little shooting for fun. With no one else around that I could cajole into modeling for me (my cats ad dogs hide when I break the camera out and the wife was conveniently absent), I decided to go ahead dust off the old modeling moves and shoot myself. So a quick shower, some spiffy clothing and a glob of hair gel later, I grabbed up the camera gear, threw it in the car and headed down to Walnut Creek Recreation area.

After a few awkward glances from the joggers and bicyclers utilizing the awesome trails at Walnut Creek as the well dressed guy hauling large back bags into a field, I set up shop in the middle of said field. After about 30 minutes of fiddling around (and realizing that shooting oneself is actually a bit harder than shooting other people) and several frames where I was cut in half and/or out of focus, I finally got a good system down pat and proceeded to have quite a bit of fun pretending I was the next Tyson Gibson.

A word to those in the modeling world, you'd all better watch your backs, cause there's a new face in town and I'm gunning for the top :)

Ben

ETA - Yeah, I know I only have one look and one pose, but I'm working on a few more... perfection takes time though :)

Here are a few of my favorites.



Talking to my Grandma at the time, but true professional that I am I was able to multitask and still work it for the camera!







No comments: